Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Deer

Animal Profile #1

As I’m sure all of you could tell from my teaser Latin nomenclature, the first profiled animal in my back yard is the deer. I was about to describe the deer as the sheep of the animal world, but then I realized that sheep are the sheep of the animal world.

Ah, what are deer good for? Shootin’ of course! In addition to shootin’ deer are good at spreading lyme disease. In my back yard they eat the blackberry bushes and occasionally get in the way of my vehicle. This little critter later surprised me as I came around the corner of my house. I’ve decided to name him …. Dewey.

Deer Quick Facts:

Deer are the state animal of the following states:
Arkansas
Illinois
New Hampshire
Ohio
Pennsylvania
South Carolina
Wisconsin

Bucks range in weight from 130 – 350 lbs
Does range in weight from 90 – 130 lbs

Deer look cute but, if you have been reading my blog, you know that they occasionally attack humans walking out of basketball games. Be very wary of the clop, clop, clop of little hooves behind you!

5 comments:

Marylyn said...

Sweet video

JamaJama said...

funny. lol.
Deer are good with lyme disease and car crashes and even now wasting disease. But Minnesotans and Wisconsinites continue to adore them as a source of protien... sans the wasting disease of course. They can also jump in back seats of cars I hear and beat the shit out of drivers.

cowboy said...

good video Jason. I'll have to one up you now. Just a thought for you. They make feed blocks just for deer. I think they are molasses and grain and salt. I would get one and put in the back yard.That is if you want them in your yard. They will come all the time and bring their friends

Naarski (the Mrs.) said...

Dewey is pretty

LaShay said...

good stuff, I did not know deer were so mean. I think I'll kick one