Thursday, January 18, 2007

One drawback to being a parent...

The biggest drawback to being a parent that I've run into thus far is the sickness, cold, flu, etc. Not my kid's sickness (this is usually kind of plus, cause the kid ends up sleeping alot), but the fact that I catch every damn illness that my kid has about four days after she has it.

I had the kid induced flu last week that caused my pretty face to be disfigured (imagine the mid 90's Mel Gibson flick The Man Without a Face), and now I've got the crappy cough, chills, and general muscle weakness cold. The wife and kid are in Scottsdale for a few days, so I was planning on being all productive this weekend doing all the things that the two of them have been holding me back from. -- Drinking scotch, building the cool modern chair for my rumpus room, installing a new bathroom sink, and designing a new landscaping scheme that invokes both the modern masters and my personal aesthetic. Now because I'm sick, one of those things is going to have to fall off the list.

By the way, I think I've figured out who is infecting the kid with all of these illnesses. The guilty party is this little punk in her day care named Dennis. The last time I picked her up, Dennis was wandering around touching people and I noticed that he had a runny nose. I'm keeping my eye on that punk Dennis, and if this sort of stuff keeps happening, I going to report him to the daycare authorities.

No comments: