Tuesday, March 06, 2007


GG Channels the High Plains Drifter.

I'm right in the middle of story boarding my all children cast Western. It is sort of a cross between Bugsy Malone and High Plains Drifter. I figure as long as I'm this far along, I can publicly post photos of some early costume ideas, and not give any idea stealers a chance to beat me to the punch.

The basic story revolves around a crooked town sheriff (Sheriff BlackJohn) who is brutalizing both man and beast. It opens with the bad sheriff forcing cats to entertain unruly ranchers in the local "Cat House". The ranchers are heckling a performer (Lil Miss Pickles) and Sheriff BlackJohn slaps the cat around and pulls her tail.

Into this lawless, God forsaken, flea bitten (literally) town rides a courageous hero to save the day. Using both guile and a strange command of feline affection, the stranger unites the good people of the town for the climatic battle against Sheriff BlackJohn.

Here are some early costume and prop shots.





And no, Ava can't have a part. The rumors are that she is much too temperamental.

3 comments:

JADA said...

That was so clevor- Jason, but is was too short. You just got done roping in your reader and then you stop with no indication of a continuance or anything. I'm beginning to question your seriousness as a writer...
And you story definatly needs a star and I just got done visiting Baby Ava and she is a big star. Maybe you story can't handle that kind of stardom...

cowboy said...

I think that you had to much wine one night. I sending over the clowns

JamaJama said...

Not sure I've ever seen a father have so much fun with make believe. We await your next episode. I like the damsel on the rocking horse.